1. Antenatal rights for fathers and partners to take time off work
Under the new shared parental leave it is proposed to allow the husband, civil partner or partner of the pregnant women the right to unpaid time off to attend up to 2 ante-natal appointments.
2. Employment tribunals must order equal pay audits
Where an equal pay claim is submitted on or after 1 October 2010, and the employment tribunal finds that there has been an equal pay breach, it must order the employer to carry out an equal pay audit unless an exception applies.
3. National minimum wage increases to:
- £6.50 for workers 21 and over
- £5.13 18 - 20 yrs
- £3.79 for 16-17 yrs, who are above school leaving age but under 18
- £2.73 for apprentices under 19 or 19 or over who are in the first year of apprenticeship.
These rates apply to pay reference periods beginning on or after 1st October 2014